The Institute for Plastics Processing (IKV) has started a call for papers for the second annual International Symposium on Plastics Technology, which will take place on March 14th and 15th, 2022 at RWTH Aachen University. The event precedes the International Plastics Technology Colloquium, which is also taking place in Aachen for the 31st time. The deadline for submitting abstracts is September 30, 2021.
The symposium, jointly organized by the IKV and the Polymer Processing Society (PPS), is intended to offer scientists and plastics experts a forum to find out about current research from all over the world, to network with colleagues and to find ideas for designing plastics technology in the coming years.
Abstracts are requested on the following topics:
- additive manufacturing
- Circular economy / recycling
- Compounding / extrusion / rheology
- Injection molding
- Lightweight construction
- Industry 4.0 / digitization
The contributions are read and evaluated by an international scientific committee of renowned academic institutions:
- Prof. Clemens Holzer, University of Leoben, Austria
- Prof Abderrahim Maazouz, INSA Lyon, France
- Prof Paula Moldenaers, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Prof. Udo Wagenknecht, Leibniz Institute for Polymer Research Dresden, Germany
- Prof Olga Carneiro, University of Minho, Portugal
- Prof Byungohk Rhee, Ajou University, Korea
- Prof. Patrick Anderson, TU Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Prof Shih-Jung Liu, Chang Gung University, Taiwan
- Prof. Phil Coates, University of Bradford, Great Britain
- Prof. Roberto Pantani, University of Salerno, Italy
- Prof. Rainer Dahlmann, RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Prof. Christian Hopmann, RWTH Aachen, Germany
Submissions will be accepted online on the symposium website until September 30, 2021.