Several plastic products have been nominated as finalists for the R&D World magazine’s R&D 100 Awards 2021.
The competition is in its 59th year. This year’s event received input from 17 different countries / regions, officials said in a press release. The jury for 2021 comprised almost 50 industry experts from around the world.
“We weren’t sure what to expect from the impact of COVID-19 on research laboratories around the world,” said editor-in-chief Paul Heney in the press release. “But this year has exceeded all of our expectations, with more submissions than in previous years … [and] the quality of the entries was extremely high. “
In the Mechanical / Materials category, the plastics-related finalists include:
• Agility branded 1500 Performance low density polyethylene resin from Dow Inc.
• Amsil and Amsil Silbione branded materials from Elkem Silicones
• Delrin brand RA511CPE acetal resin from DuPont Co.
• Elcres brand HTV150 dielectric film from Saudi Basic Industries Co. (Sabic) and Shin-Etsu Polymer Co.
• Infinair brand polyolefin elastomers from Dow and GiGwi HK Trading Co., Ltd.
DuPont was also nominated for an adhesive product. “My heartfelt thanks go to all of our market, product, application, regulatory, manufacturing, technical service, and sales innovators who brought these great new products to market,” said Scott Collick, DuPont’s global vice president of R&D , in a LinkedIn post.
“It takes a village to bring new products to market,” he added.
The winners of the R&D 100 2021 will be announced in mid-November.